This is an RSS news feed from the Las Vegas Weekly. The Weekly is a go-to source for events, entertainment, dining and local news of interest. Obviously with the current shutdown of Las Vegas and Henderson, I am bringing you their primary news feed at this time. Please check back as this news feed updates regularly.
- Lombardo signs law outlining rights for trans inmates in Nevadaon June 2, 2023 at 9:00 am
A bill compelling corrections officials in Nevada to establish standards for caring for transgender inmates was signed into law by Gov. Joe Lombardo, marking a key win for advocates at a time when conservative lawmakers across the country seek to restrict trans rights.
- Lombardo beats deadline in signing education funding billon June 1, 2023 at 1:01 pm
The deal averts threats from Lombardo to veto any budget bills until his legislative priorities were considered by the Legislature and formally approves more than $12 billion in public education appropriations ...
- Southern Nevada officials clarify COVID changes post-public health emergencyon June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
COVID-19 vaccines from the federal government “will remain free to everyone regardless of insurance coverage.” After the federal supply is depleted, vaccinations will be covered by public and private insurance.
- Jonathan Marchessault ranks as a full-fledged Vegas Golden Knights legend amid another dominant playoff runon June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
“I like playing this time of year,” Marchessault said after dispatching Dallas. “Regular season, yeah, it’s fun, but it’s like more of a routine. In the playoffs, it’s another animal. That’s what fuels me.”
- How Golden Knights goalie Hill became an unlikely playoff heroon June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
Hill spent his first five seasons as a reserve on poor Arizona Coyotes and San Jose Sharks teams that never came anywhere close to the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- Five things to know about the Eastern Conference champion Florida Pantherson June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
Up next for the Vegas Golden Knights: Matthew Tkachuk, Bob and the rats.
- The betting market’s take on the Vegas Golden Knights and Florida Panthers leading up to their Stanley Cup showdownon June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
The Golden Knights were actually bigger favorites in their first Stanley Cup Final appearance five years ago, at -150 ahead of an upset series loss to the Washington Capitals.
- Nevada’s rural school districts, maxed out on property taxes, seek help for aging buildingson June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
Unlike the schools in urban centers like Las Vegas, Ely’s David E. Norman Elementary is 114 years old. In addition to being dilapidated for lack of funding to keep it modernized, it was not ...
- Senate panel considers expansion of Nevada film tax programon June 1, 2023 at 9:00 am
Nevada lawmakers are considering a proposal to vastly expand Nevada’s film tax program, hearing Wednesday from film executives and analysts about how the plan would ...
- El Cortez table game action comes alive on streamer’s YouTube channelon May 30, 2023 at 9:00 am
“Hey everybody, we’re here at the El Cortez,” Victor Ross says, greeting his online viewers with an air of familiarity before he begins to play.
- Golden Knights use dominant performance to reach Stanley Cup Finalon May 30, 2023 at 5:49 am
What transpired for three hours at American Airlines Center on Monday night wasn't just one of the best road games for the Golden Knights. It might have been ...
- Trial for accused gunman in Pittsburgh synagogue massacre slated to starton May 30, 2023 at 4:11 am
The federal jury trial of the suspect in the nation's deadliest antisemitic attack is scheduled to get underway Tuesday morning, four and a half years after the shooting deaths of 11 worshipers at a Pittsburgh synagogue.
- Florida police search for 3 gunmen who wounded 9 at crowded beach on Memorial Dayon May 30, 2023 at 4:02 am
Nine people were injured when gunfire erupted along a beachside promenade in Hollywood, Florida, sending people frantically running for cover at the crowded beach on ...
- Golden Knights heading to Stanley Cup Final, eliminate Stars in 6on May 30, 2023 at 1:43 am
The Golden Knights have punched their ticket to the Stanley Cup Final for the second time in their six-year history by way of a 6-0 win over the Dallas Stars in Game 6 ...
- Shared office space at UNLV could be 'start of something really relevant'on May 29, 2023 at 9:00 am
As the area continues to grow and more businesses move into the UNLV Harry Reid Research & Technology Park, it might come to resemble existing technological hubs, allowing gaming companies, casino operators and others to interact in a unique way.
- Aces down Lynx for 4th straight win to open seasonon May 29, 2023 at 3:45 am
Jackie Young scored 23 points, including four 3-pointers, Chelsea Gray added 19 points and 10 assists and the Las Vegas Aces beat the Minnesota Lynx 94-73 Sunday night.
- Field of Dreams: Las Vegas High’s outdoor graduation honors a revered traditionon May 28, 2023 at 9:00 am
While almost every other high school in the Clark County School District gathered in a cavernous off-campus arena this past week for graduation, Las Vegas High met Wednesday on its football field to send off its seniors.
- Nevadans needing organ transplants face long waits, limited in-state resources and no guaranteeson May 28, 2023 at 9:00 am
Getting approved for a transplant is easier said than done, Stephanie Folkema can, unfortunately, attest. She’s been working for more than a year to get selected. ...
- 5 things to know about Memorial Day including its controversieson May 28, 2023 at 9:00 am
Memorial Day is supposed to be about mourning the nation’s fallen service members, but it’s come to anchor the unofficial start of summer and a long weekend of discounts on anything from mattresses to lawn mowers.
- Aces receive championship rings, pummel Sparks 93-65on May 28, 2023 at 3:24 am
While the Vegas Golden Knights were playing an important game less than 2 miles down Frank Sinatra Drive at T-Mobile Arena, the Las Vegas Aces were throwing their own house party at Michelob Ultra Arena.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.